NCRI - The President-elect of the Iranian Resistance, Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, lauds families of those killed during the nationwide uprising of the Iranian people, who courageously gather around the graves of their loved ones. She also hails families of those arrested over the past three weeks, who hold protest gatherings in front of Tehran’s Evin prison and the regime’s Revolutionary Court.
Mrs. Rajavi calls on all Iranians to strengthen their solidarity and to help these families, adding: Such solidarity is a national and patriotic duty, and constitutes an essential part of the Iranian people’s upheaval for democracy, popular sovereignty and rejection of the murderous religious tyranny.
The President-elect of the Iranian Resistance also urges all political parties, parliaments, jurists, and human rights and political activists, to support the Iranian people’s uprising for freedom, to take steps to help free those in confinement, and to declare solidarity with the families of martyrs and prisoners.
Mrs. Rajavi pointed to the killing of at least 200 protestors over the past three weeks, and while saying that:
• Thousands of protestors have been arrested and placed under brutal torture, as illustrated by the killing of Kianoush Asa, a 25-year-old university student, under torture;
• A three-member committee has been formed by the regime to deal with the detainees, made up of the most criminal officials of the regime, including a former intelligence minister and two former members of the 1988 three-member death committee, who were involved in the massacre of 30,000 political prisoners in the course of several weeks;
• In view of the imposition of cruel physical and psychological torture on the detainees, including members of the rival faction, with the aim of compelling them to make forced confessions on TV;
• In view of the criminal directive of the regime’s Judiciary Chief, Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi, ordering those who cooperate with satellite television networks or internet websites opposed to the regime to be arrested and punished for “acting against national security”;
• And, in view of the fact that despite all the violence and brutality, the Iranian people’s uprising for freedom is still continuing and the youths chanting “God is great” and “Death to dictator” all over Iran;
Urges all political parties and leaders, lawmakers, jurists and lawyers, intellectuals, authors, artists, labor and student unions and syndicates, and organizations and authorities advocating human rights and freedom of expression in various countries, to utilize any means possible to support the Iranian people’s uprising for freedom, and work to free prisoners and declare solidarity with the families of victims and those arrested during the protests.
Mrs. Rajavi specifically calls on the United Nations Secretary General, the UN Security Council, all UN members, and all responsible international organs, to adopt the following measures:
1. Dispatch an international delegation to investigate the circumstances of people who have gone missing as well as political prisoners, especially those arrested in recent weeks, work to prevent the imposition of pressure on detainees to obtain forced televised confessions, and produce an accurate list of those killed during the uprising with their burial location;
2. Suspend all diplomatic relations and impose comprehensive sanctions on the clerical regime, while banning its officials from visiting abroad, until such time that the suppression has completely ceased in Iran and all political prisoners have been freed;
3. Force the regime to annul its illegitimate election and accept a free election instead under UN supervision, on the basis of the Iranian people’s sovereignty and not in the context of the system of supreme clerical rule;
4. Refer the case of the June 12 fraudulent election as well as the Iranian people’s suppression and massacre of prisoners to the UN Security Council, and put on trial the officials responsible for the massacre of Iranian people, including Ali Khamenei and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
July 7, 2009